1 Thessalonians 5:18
“In every thing give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.” KJV
I’ve found telling myself what I’m thankful for is something that helps my attitude, and can even turn my whole day around! It especially helps to tell other people how God has blessed me, so today I just wanted to mention some things I’m thankful for. 🙂
1. Sunshine because it makes me happy! I love looking at the beautiful sky and being reminded that God is in control.
2. The singing birds that I heard on the way to class this morning — such a sweet reminder of God’s creation.
3. Loving and supportive friends and family — they’re always there no matter what, especially through tough situations. I know I always have someone to count on; I’ve been blessed with such good people in my life.
4. School — I may complain about homework and getting up early for classes from time to time, but learning and being able to go to school is a blessing many people don’t have.
5. I’m thankful for prayer. Whenever I have a problem, or there’s something I just need to talk about, I know God is listening. I have the privilege to go to God in prayer, no matter what time it is, or what it’s about. He’ll listen, forgive, and guide me. “We should never be discouraged; take it to the Lord in prayer!”
God is so good!